In this conceptual and experiential presentation, we will explore the diagnostic, therapeutic and transformational potential of the intersubjective fields that form during the clinical encounter. Information will be drawn from classical Chinese medical and Taoist texts, as well as Jungian depth psychology, alchemy, my own work with wushen – the Five Spirits – as well as my four decades of clinical experience as an acupuncturist, therapist, and healer. Moving beyond the limitations of dualistic, mental consciousness, we will discuss how these non-quantifiable yet palpable fields of subtle energy directly affect the practitioner/patient encounter as well as how they are operative in pulse diagnosis, CSOE elemental diagnosis, and the needling of acupuncture points.
- gain a better understanding of the therapeutic implications of the intersubjective clinical field from a classical Chinese and depth psychology perspective.
- better understand the unconscious effects of the field on their patients as well as themselves.
- learn practices and tools that support effective work with field dynamics including boundary issues and containment.
- be able to apply their understanding of field dynamics to create better rapport with their patients.
- be able to apply their understanding of field dynamics to access the spirit level potential of acupuncture points.